Costa Rican Tarrazu Specialty Coffee
SKU: 1014641GRegular price $16.95
FLAVOR AND AROMA
Costa Rican Tarrazu is a distinguished coffee that carries a spicy fragrance and complex aroma, giving it a balanced flavor with a fresh finish. This coffee has a sweet and acidic flavor, a smooth and light body, a medium to high acidity, and a clean and long aftertaste.
Origin: Costa Rica
Costa Rica Boasts over 30,000 Coffee Farms in 21 growing regions, each producing coffee with distinctive acidity, body aroma. While the country's volcanic activity often destroys coffee crops, the volcanic eruptions actually fertilize and enrich the soil. The Costa Rican Tarrazu is a large, flat, bluish bean of excellent quality grown in the southern region.
Producer: Multiple Smallholder Farms
Altitude: 1200 to 2000 meters
Variety: Caturra, Catuai
Screen size: 15 plus
Tasting Notes: Very well-balanced with a heavy body and high, slightly winey acidity. Flavor attributes are complex and range from tropical nuts and dark chocolate to citrus fruit. The dense beans that makeup El Indio lend themselves well to many different styles of roasting.
TRY COSTA RICA TARRAZU IF YOU LIKE
-banana nut and pumpkin bread
-eggs and bacon/sausage
EXPAND YOUR TASTE HORIZONS
If you like Costa Rican Tarrazu, try our Guatemalan Huehuetenango for a different taste sensation.
The Coffee Beanery has the highest standards in the industry when it comes to providing the finest specialty coffees in the world. We believe the real artistry in producing the perfect bean is in the right roast for each variety. Our master roaster roasts each of our specialty coffees to the peak of its taste potential — choosing from a wide range of roasts. The result? Some of our specialty arabica coffees are slightly sweet. Others have a bit of snap. Still others display a complex, earthy flavor. But each one of our fine specialty coffees has its own distinctive flavor components that are enhanced by our roasting expertise. You can see, smell and taste the difference The Right Roast® makes.
When you drink Coffee Beanery coffee, you can taste our commitment to quality in every sip. All our blends, origins, flavors, and decafs of 100% Arabica coffee carry a Specialty Coffee Grade 1, making it among the top 3% of quality coffee in the world.
We continue our mission of bringing you the perfect cup, every time, by upholding these standards in every batch. Our coffee is also:
- Kosher Certified- We're pleased to share that our coffees are certified as Kosher Pareve!* Our commitment to quality means you can enjoy all our blends, origins, flavors, and decafs of 100% specialty grade, Arabica coffee while following a Kosher diet.
- Allergen Friendly- All our flavorings are free of the top eight allergens.**
- Sugar and Gluten-Free – We source premium flavoring that adds your favorite tastes to your cup with no added sugar, dairy, or gluten.**
- Vegan- Almost all of our coffees and flavorings are free of animal by-products.**
- Swiss Water Process Decaf – We care about giving you the best quality decaffeinated coffee which is why we use Swiss Water Process (SWP) decaf. SWP coffee has been decaffeinated using water and carbon filters instead of harsh chemicals, leaving you with a cup of decaf coffee that is 99.9% caffeine-free and tastes like perfection.
Sip with confidence knowing that every drop of our premium coffees is crafted with care.
*with the exception of Creme Brulee and Sinful Sundae, which are certified Kosher Dairy
**Sinful Sundae and Crème Brulee currently have dairy derivatives
***Flavored coffee may have other allergens, please feel free to inquire about your specific allergen.